zCX is one of the most exciting functionalities recently introduced in z/OS. With zCX, it is now possible to run distributed applications on z/OS with no changes. We will discuss the first experiences of configuring this environment and running a Linux app that interprets SMF data in it.
We’d like to show:
- zCX installation and configuration
- how to build an image that can be then downloaded in zCX (with all its challenges)
- how to deploy a container based on the pre-prepared image
- how to work with the container
- how to persist data in the container
- zCX address space resource consumption (GCP and zIIP)
- it is not hard to configure zCX for the first time
- with Docker and zCX, mainframe users can control some apps that otherwise would be managed by other offices in their company
- Docker is not a toy, but something that users can benefit from
About The Speaker:
Matteo Bottazzi is a Software Developer at EPV Technologies. He has actively worked on Docker at EPV Technologies.