Performance and Capacity Hackathon
November 4 & 5 | The Manning’s Stadium Club, 519 Fulton St, New Orleans, LA 70130
Join us for CMG’s Performance & Capacity Hackathon! Where together we’ll build entertaining, innovative applications that will change the performance and capacity landscape.
The Performance & Capacity Hackathon is seeking out the best and brightest developers, designers and entrepreneurs to compete over 2 days surrounded by fun, friends, and – of course, great food. Your objective will be to create a solution that addresses one of three challenges focused around performance, capacity, or security while getting the chance to experiment with new technology and potentially win over $10k in prizes!
Attendees at the Performance & Capacity Hackathon will be challenged to build a project that addresses one of the following challenges: Performance, Capacity, & Security
Where can you start increasing system performance? Through connections and design. The connected world of IoT allows technology that was once siloed to enter an entirely new marketplace and outperform competitors.
If you choose to accept this challenge, your task is to use IoT, drones, performance testing or performance design to increase the efficiency of your project. An IoT lab will be provided on-site, but you may also bring tech gadgets from home!
Where can you start increasing system capacity? Through data and forecasting. The significance of visual context allows enterprises to make decisions and increase capacity at a rate they never knew possible.
If you choose to accept this challenge, your task is to use data visualization or capacity planning to increase the scalability of your project. Data tools will be provided on-site, but you may also use open-source data visualization programs.
Where can you start increasing system security? Through cryptography and analysis. Creating a decentralized arena by understanding internal procedures will allow businesses to reach a new platform of performance.
If you choose to accept this challenge, your task is to use blockchain or data intelligence to create a project focused on security. Tech will be provided on-site, but you may also use open-source data or blockchain programs.
Grand Prize: Best Overall Product
$7,000 Cash Prize + Complimentary registration for next year’s CMG Conference for each member of your team
Top Team in Each Category
$500 Cash Prize + Complimentary registration for next year’s CMG Conference for each member of your team
Any challenge sponsors will also offer a prize with an approximate $2,500 value in cash, product or in-kind
Attendees from all over the United States are welcome to apply for one of our $100 Travel Stipends to attend. See the Registration form for more info.
- Teams of up to 5 participants are allowed. All team members must have completed the participation agreement to compete.
- Teams have full ownership of everything they build at our events and are free to do with it as they wish.
- Fresh Code is enforced. Winning teams may be subject to a code-review at some point following the event or immediately before winning
Teams will have 2 minutes to pitch during live demos, with 1 minute for Judge Q&A.
Each submission will be scored in each round based on the following criteria, with a minimum score of 0 and maximum score of 25 points, with the final score being the average of the judges’ scores:
- Challenge (5 points): Does your solution have a clear focus on the problems facing consumers in one of the three challenges (performance, capacity, or security)?
- Execution (5 points): How technically complex is the solution? How much was the team able to execute during the hackathon?
- Creativity (5 points): How creative was the team in developing an innovative solution for the challenges?
- Business Impact (5 points): Did the team create a solution that addresses a business challenge that consumers? Will the solution generate revenue?
- Design (5 points): Was the UX/UI intuitive and appealing?
Saturday, November 4
9:00am Doors Open & Breakfast
10:00 am Opening Ceremony & Presentations
11:00am Coding Begins
12:00 pm Lunch
1:00 pm Breakout Session(s)
6:00 pm Dinner
8:00 pm Pitch Workshop
12:00 am Midnight Snack
Hack through the night*
*The venue will be open and staffed overnight if you’d like to hack through the night.
Sunday, November 5
7:00 am Breakfast
12:00 pm Lunch
1:00 pm Submission Deadline
2:00 pm Demos Begin
3:30 pm Judge Deliberation
4:00 pm Awards
4:30 pm Event Close
Hackathon is Free to Conference and Training Participants and $10 Otherwise.
Pre-Registration is Requested