November 4 & 5 | The Manning’s Stadium Club, 519 Fulton St, New Orleans, LA 70130
Join CMG and Tech Talent South for a hack all about New Orleans! Together on November 4 & 5, we will build innovative and fast applications that can impact the New Orleans community. In 24 hours, attendees will have access to FREE workshops on how to build highly-performing applications using your favorite development and performance tools AND code and design to compete for $3,500 in cash prizes. This event is open to developers, entrepreneurs, marketers, and the “code-curious” as an opportunity to learn and compete! With prizes for novice teams and support available from workshops and mentors, the event is open to all skill levels. #SpeedNOLA
Challenge 1: Public Safety using AI and Video/Photography Analysis
New Orleans is home to numerous outdoor concerts and events attracting thousands where public safety is paramount. The purpose of the challenge is to create a software solution to aid individuals or law enforcement with real-time image recognition.The solution could include recognition analysis for faces, the presence of weapons, and disruptive behavior. It could also include communication pathways to attendees (such as social media or text alerts) and other important safety considerations. Data inputs will include voluminous amounts of real time photographic data and/or the real-time analysis of social media chatter.. Data analysis speed, accuracy, security and actionable intelligence are important considerations.
Challenge 2: Enhancing the local New Orleans Experience.
From nightlife to rideshare to local history, how can tech improve the experience for local residents and visitor experience in New Orleans. How can mobile apps, browser solutions, IOT and Blockchain technologies improve the experience of popular local activities of people living in or visiting New Orleans? Consider integrations with other existing tools and using municipal data.
Level 1 – First Time Hackathon/ First Time Coder – $1000 cash, CMG Membership for Team Members, AND 1 Full and 2 Partial Scholarship to the Tech Talent South Code Immersion Bootcamp
Level 2 – Experienced Hacker/Coder – $2500 cash, CMG Membership for Team Members + Complimentary registration for next year’s CMG Conference for each member of your team
- Teams of up to 3 participants are allowed. All team members must have completed the participation agreement to compete.
- Teams have full ownership of everything they build at our events and are free to do with it as they wish.
- Fresh Code is enforced. Winning teams may be subject to a code-review at some point following the event or immediately before winning
- Submissions will be judged on how well they address the challenge, on their functionality, creativity, design, and impact.
November 4 – Saturday
- 10:30 AM – Registration Opens
- 11:00 AM – Introductory Remarks
- 11:30 AM – Lunch
- 01:00 PM – App Development Workshop
- 03:00 PM – App Performance Workshop
- 05:00 PM – Teams Forms Due
- 06:00 PM – Dinner
- 07:30 PM – Pitch Prep Workshop
November 5 – Sunday
- 08:00 AM – Breakfast
- 10:00 AM – Coding Continues
- 12:00 PM – Lunch
- 01:00 PM – Submissions Due
- 01:30 PM – Pitch Presentations
- 2:30 PM – Judging
- 3:00 PM – Announce the Winners
Hackathon is Free to Conference and Training Participants and $10 Otherwise.
Pre-Registration is Requested