WE’RE EXCITED TO HAVE YOU AT IMPACT 2019
Your presentation will educate and inform attendees about new technologies and tested solutions. We hope that you will take this opportunity to share your expertise and experiences from your perspective as a technology professional.
Below are some resources and notes for you, but if you have any questions at all, please email us at [email protected]
- May 24, 2018 – Subject Matter Recommendations Open
- June 15, 2018: Call for Participation Open
- August 31, 2018: Proposal Submission Deadline
- September 30, 2018: Notification to Proposal Submitters
- October 31, 2018: Presentation Draft Due; Schedule Coaching
- December 14, 2018: Presentation Coaching Completed
- January 14, 2019: Final Presentation Draft Due
In general, the agenda will include:
- Keynote Presentations 45 minutes with Q&A
- Talks 20- and 45-minute with Q&A
- Lightning Talk – 10 Minute Quick Presentation of a discovery or practice
- Training 45- and 90- minute training courses teaching practical, immediately applicable skills. We are serving training in 3-hour blocks.
- Panels 45-minute moderator-led groups of 3–5 experts answering moderator and audience questions on a particular topic
- Demos Vendor-neutral interactive demonstrations of hardware and software use in practical situations for operations professionals. Please contact us if you would like to explore this opportunity.
Accepted Speakers will be asked to register and pay for IMPACT 2019 by October 31st. Promotional codes will be issued based on the session types assigned via email. A very limited number of scholarships will be made available to selected presenters who can show financial need.
- Breakout Speakers with 45-minute or longer presentations will generally receive 30% off.
- Breakout Speakers with 20-minute presentations will generally receive 15% off.
- Lightning Talk presenters will generally receive 5% off.
- Discounts for Training session instructors, keynote speakers, panelists, and demos are up to the discretion of the speaker committee.
- Cloud Computing
- Machine Learning/AI/Deep Learning
- Big Data
- Infrastructure/Platform/Function as a Service
- Scalability and Resilience
- Infrastructure Design
- Performance and Capacity Planning
- Strategic Vision
- What’s Next
- Open Source Communities
- Standards and Regulatory Compliance
- On-Call Strategies
- Managing IT Teams
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Mentorship, Education, and Training
- Recruiting and Retention
- Continuous Delivery
- System Engineering
- Monitoring and Instrumentation
- Performance Tuning
- Backup and Recovery
- Release Engineering