CMG IMPACT 2019
Feb. 19 to Feb. 21, 2019
Hyatt at Olive 8, Seattle, Washington, USA
Register for CMG IMPACT 2019
CMG Is Proud to Welcome Our Silver Sponsor:
IMPACT will allow for one-on-one networking with professionals from a wide range of roles within the IT industry, including: capacity planners, performance engineers, consultants, load testers, systems administrators, software developers, DevOps quality assurance managers and engineers, project managers, database administrators, and executive leadership and sales and marketing professionals.
Content & Activities
- IMPACT conference sessions – The heart of IMPACT. Don’t be stuck within a track – there is a lot to learn across industries in the conference sessions.
- Training – Before we kick off IMPACT, take a few hours to learn from the best industry experts out there.
- Peer-to-peer networking – Multiple opportunities both inside and outside the conference to meet with and learn from your peers.
- Tech Expo – Meet our partners and learn about the latest technologies and hot startups at the Tech Expo.
- Workshops – Solve real-world problems with your peers during special workshop sessions.
- Skills badging – Gain marketable skills and earn digital badges by attending key sessions during the IMPACT conference.
Download the CMG IMPACT 2019 Sponsorship Guide
IMPACT 2019 Spotlight Sessions!
Real User Performance Monitoring at Netflix Scale | Martin Spier Senior Performance Engineer
Netflix runs on thousands of different devices, from smartphones to laptops, smart TVs and gaming consoles. These devices are spread all around the world, have a vastly different set of capabilities, resource constraints, and run under a multitude of network conditions. Understanding how real users perceive Netflix’s app performance is key to optimizing the right things, finding issues, and improving user experience.
IoT and the new path to business success | Ashraf Souleiman, Cedrus Digital
It’s no surprise that artificial intelligence (AI) and the Internet of Things (IoT) have become the focus of businesses around the globe. The fact that this emerging technology will be the single greatest driver of business success in the decades to come is more than proven at this point—it’s a reality. More so, the numbers that support the decision to embrace and implement digital transformation initiatives are downright staggering, to say the least.
It is projected that by just next year, the total number of mobile phone users in the world will surpass the five billion mark. Add to that the staggering statistic that, in 2018 alone, consumers downloaded 205 billion mobile apps to their connected devices—a number that, by 2022, is expected to surpass 258 billion downloads. And, just like the staggering numbers that illustrate the growth of mobility, the rise of the IoT is right behind it. As recently reported by Gartner, the total number of IoT devices being used around the world will reach 20.4 billion by 2020, an incredible figure considering that it is more than double the number from 2017 (approximately 8 billion).
In this presentation, recipients will receive insight as to what IoT platform to choose, its value to the organization, and how IoT applications and services add new revenue streams.
Furthermore, the presenters will delve into aspects of IoT that include the ability to better assist and understand customer behavior to enhance the customer experience.
The presentation will also include real customer use cases, technical explanations on how to implement an IoT platform, and a real-time demonstration of a current IoT Smart Home implementation.
About Ashraf Souleiman
Experienced Business Process Management and Cloud practitioner with a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and services industry. Skilled in Cloud, API, Requirements Analysis, Business Process Design, Business Process Implementation, and Enterprise Software. Strong consulting professional with a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology from Cairo University.
Bryan Knouse | Grand Prize Winner, Need for Speed Hackathon
Presentation: AI: Where we came from, where we are, and where we are going.
Denise Kalm | Long-time IMPACT Speaker
Presentation: Hack your life - solutions for a high-performance existence
Presentation: Is my VMware VM getting the CPU it needs?
Rick Lebsack | IBM and the CMG Board
Presentation: Project Enigma - Exploring the AI Continuum
- May 31, 2018 – Members-Only Innovator rate ends
- June 1, 2018 to November 9, 2018 – Early Adopter rate period
- November 1, 2018 to January 31, 2019 – Regular conference rate period
- January 18, 2019 – Cancellation deadline for eligible tickets
- January 22, 2019 – Room block cut-off date
- February 1 to February 20, 2019 – Late registration rate period
- February 19 to February 21, 2019 – IMPACT 2019